3D2N Danum Valley Field Centre
Pick up from Danum Valley Field Centre’s Lahad Datu office at 02:30pm and meet our Downbelow Guide, who will accompany you during your trip. Transfer to Danum Valley Field Centre (DVFC) for a welcome briefing by the staff there. You and your guide can discuss how you want to spend your days. Danum Valley is a 130 million year old forest and wildlife adventures are mainly by treks into the jungle.
Relax or take an afternoon siesta before going on an early evening walk in the area as an introduction to the Borneo Rainforest. The area surrounding the centre teems with wildlife. It is not unusual for you to spot resident orangutan, hornbills, and other interesting creatures! Next, return to the centre before sundown and enjoy dinner at 7:00pm. After dinner, go on an included night walk with your guide or arrange for an optional 4×4 night drive (additional activity at your own expense)
Wake up and meet your guide for an early morning walk to see the forest come to life. Return to centre for breakfast and embark on a trail in the area if you wish.
Spend late morning resting before having lunch. After lunch, take a dip at the Ulu Segama river before heading off for another trek – there are various types of trails and your guide can discuss this with you. After dinner, go on an included night walk with your guide or arrange for an optional 4×4 night drive (additional activity at your own expense).
Have breakfast and check out from your room, wait for the departure at 08:30am. Arrive at Lahad Datu for onward travel at about 11:00am. Alternatively, we can tailor your transfers to your next destination.
• Twin Bed Rest House with Fan OR Twin Bed Chalet with Air Conditioning (both en-suite with non-heated shower) or Dormitory (Gender Separated) with communal bathroom
• Activities as specified
• Full Board Meals and Coffee, Tea & Drinking Water
• Entrance & Permit Fees
• Return Transfers from DVFC Lahad Datu
• English-speaking Private Downbelow Specialist Nature Guide
• Travel to Lahad Datu
• Optional 4×4 activities such as night safari and sunrise trip to Bukit Atur
• Sodas and Alcoholic Beverages
• Tipping and Gratuities to Guide
• Tourism Tax MYR 10.00 per room per night (this will be added to your room bill on location)
• Other Items Not Explicitly Stated
• Lightweight clothing, long sleeves &a long pants/trousers
• Leech Socks
• Insect repellent
• Raincoat or poncho
• Good walking shoes
• Extra food & drink
All single travellers will be charged the single supplement rates and given their own room. Due to weather conditions, activities may be subject to re-scheduling to best meet operations, as well as clients health and safety. Wildlife cannot be predicated nor guaranteed because it is a spontaneous chance to spot any in their natural rainforest habitat.