Best of Kota Kinabalu Tour
The Best of Kota Kinabalu Tour is a fun and exciting day trip going in and around the beautiful city of Kota Kinabalu from morning until night time. Previously named Jesselton, the city was razed to the ground in WWII by the Allied Forces abandoning it during the invasion of the Japanese. In 1963, the city was rebuilt and named Kota Kinabalu. Kota Kinabalu is a busy city with a small town atmosphere. Affectionately known as simply KK, the longer you spend here the more the place grows on you. Overlooking the South China Sea and the beautiful tropical islands and virgin rainforest of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, the Crocker Range and Mount Kinabalu as its backdrop, one could not wish for more superior visual variety. The main landmarks here include a bird’s eye view of the city at Signal Hill, Pu Tou Tze Buddhist Temple, Handicraft Market, Sabah Foundation Building with only three of its kind in the world with such design concept and a picturesque City Mosque built on a manmade lake!
Mari Mari Cultural Village
Located in the countryside about 25 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu city centre, the village aims to share the knowledge, history, culture, and tradition of 5 different main ethnic tribes in one village namely the Kadazan-Dusun, Rungus, Lundayeh, Bajau and Murut. In the Best of Kota Kinabalu Tour, visitors are acquainted with each village tribe with opportunities to immerse one’s self in their rich culture and daily life through various perspectives. Highlights include a chance to see blowpipe-making, tattoo-making, fire-starting, ricewine-making demonstrations, bamboo cooking, try out the traditional bamboo trampoline, and sample Sabahan traditional delicacies from each ethnic group.
Your Safety is Our Priority
Our expert guides are all trained in first aid and we carry comprehensive first aid kits for participants of this program.
Itinerary at a Glance
- 09:00 – Meet your Guide and Transfer to Mari Mari Cultural Village
- 09:45 – Arrive Village – Explore five different ethnic homes of Sabah – Sample rice wine and traditional Sabahan Delicacies
- 12:00 – Traditional local cooked Lunch with cultural show
- 13:00 – Depart village and transfer to Kota Kinabalu for an exploration – Visit Buddhist Temple, Signal Hill Lookout, City Mosque, Kg. Air Water Village, Waterfront, Sabah Museum, Sabah Foundation Building, and Handicraft Market for some light shopping
- 16:00 – High Tea at Local Restaurant
- 18:00 – Visit the Night Market
- 19:00 – Travel to Local Restaurant for Dinner
- 20:30 – End of Dinner and Transfer back to your hotel
Private Return Land Transfers throughout the day; Private English Speaking Guide; Entrance Fees at Sabah Museum; Lunch at Cultural Village; High Tea at Local Restaurant; Local Dinner; Cultural Performances
Alcohol and Carbonated Drinks; Personal Expenses; Items not explicitly stated
Camera; Hat/Cap; Insect Repellent; Sun Cream; Drinking Water; Raincoat; own expenses for items purchased during visits; Comfortable Walking Shoes and Clothing