Kinabalu Park Day Trip Overview
Our Kinabalu Park day trip is a very individually tailored private trip, you will not find yourself on a tour bus full of strangers not being able to hear the guide. You can stay as long or little as you like in any one place to a maximum trip duration of 8 hours.
The drive to Kinabalu Park is in itself a fascinating experience. As you leave the city behind and see how local communities have settled at the foothills of the Crocker Range and along its winding roads a feeling of tranquility overcomes you. Catching glimpses of the Mighty Mt Kinabalu is an unforgettable sight and as it approaches it seems to grow and draws you nearer. Arriving at Kinabalu Park, the climate is noticeably cooler, with very little humidity, the air is fresh and during the day a comfortable 24 degrees if the sun is shinning.
Your guide will discuss your days wish list with you. You may choose to witness the incredible biodiversity that designated Kinabalu Park as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and stroll by rivers and follow mountain trails to spot rare and endemic species of flora and fauna that can be found in the park.
The Botanical Garden is a comprehensive information centre cataloging the species of plant contained within Kinabalu Park offering education to the public which makes the trip ever more interesting when you know what you are looking at.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant en-route to the Poring Hot Springs area of the park. Located approximately 30 minutes drive away. This area offers the possibility to soak in the hot baths, visit the butterfly gardens, visit a waterfall or see the rainforest from a different perspective at 45m elevation along canopy walkways. If you are very fortunate your guide might spot the Rafflesia flower, the largest flower in the world, however nature is not predictable so this depends on whether one is blooming at the time. This region is its natural home.
07:30 – Transfer from Kota Kinabalu accommodation to Kinabalu Park.
09:30 – Arrival at Kinabalu Park HQ (1,564m altitude)
09:30 – Visiting the Botanical Garden and walking Kinabalu Park trails.
12:00 – Transfer to Poring Hot Springs from Kinabalu Park HQ (Lunch is en-route)
12:45 – Explore the Poring Hot Springs and canopy walkways to find the Rafflesia.
14:30 – Transfer to Kota Kinabalu accommodation.
Note: There is a time frame of 8 hours for our Kinabalu Park Day Trip, and it’s an early start to enjoy the clearest views of Mount Kinabalu during the drive to Kinabalu Park HQ! You may add more hours to the day trip for an additional MYR 100.00 per hour. Please contact us for further information and to book this trip.
• Kinabalu Park, Poring Hot Springs, Canopy Walkways and Botanical Garden, Entrance fees
• Private English-speaking guide
• Private Van & Driver
• Lunch of local cuisine at a local restaurant
• Since this trip is very flexible in terms of the locations within the park that you wish to visit we include the most popular and any additional entrance fees are bourn by the guest accordingly to your preferred location.
• Any entrance fee not stated above
• Camera entrance fees
• Trip is limited to 8 hours in duration including transfer time. Any additional time is chargeable at MYR 100.00 per hour.
• Walking Shoes
• Waterproof Raincoat
• Warm Jumper & Long Trousers
• Re-fillable Water Bottle (start the day full)
• Sun Cream, Hat, Sunglasses, Camera
• Personal Toiletries & Hand Sanitizer