Our PADI Divemaster 3 Month Internship Program is perfect for scuba divers who want to commit a substantial amount of time to the program. Having a period of 3 months for unlimited diving, skills workshops, knowledge development, Divemaster workshops, assisting in guiding certified divers and assisting PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors in various courses is sure to expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level.
- Airport Pick Up and Drop Off
- 3 Months Dormitory Accommodation (Gender Separated)
- Lunch on Dive Days
- PADI Advance Open Water Course
- PADI Rescue Diver C0urse
- Emergency First Response Course
- PADI Divemaster Course
- Coral Reef Conservation Program
- Learn How to Safely Remove Underwater Nets
- Project AWARE Beach and Underwater Clean Up
- All required Materials and PADI fees
- Equipment rental except Dive Computer
- Surface Marker Buoy, Compass, Pocket Mask (yours to keep)
Our very own Downbelow Adventure Lodge is located at KK Times Square. It is is comfortable, clean, has high-speed free WIFI, kettle and satellite TV, a cosy communal area and located opposite a shopping mall with plenty of eateries. You are right next door to our dive shop, head office and classroom so it is very convenient and saves travel time.
During your internship program, you will stay in a shared dormitory with communal bathrooms and enjoy daily pick up and drop off from the lodge to the marina (only 5 minutes away by road), where we depart everyday to our island based dive centres.
Why Choose Us?
At Downbelow, we take all diver training very seriously and when it comes to professional courses we have a dedicated team of highly qualified PADI Instructors and Course Directors who teach, guide and offer advice to all candidates. Based on the understanding that every professional level candidate will need to find employment within the dive industry, we prepare and train each individual to excel in the scuba diving workplace.
We are the only PADI 5 Star Career Development Centre in Sabah to boast TWO resident PADI Course Directors; British Platinum PADI Course Director, Richard Swann heads-up the team along with local Sabahan PADI Course Director Fauzi (aka Pablo).
In addition to the Go Pro team, we employ 10 other full time instructors with a wealth of experience that they love sharing.
Also, feel free to check out our FAQ page. You will find all the answers to your questions here.
What Do You Need To Own?
We highly recommend divers at a professional level to own their own equipment. However, this is not a necessity since we provide dive equipment rental for our interns.
Please take a look at our Dive Shop website where you will find all the equipment for sale that you need at great prices!
Participants should also bring your own laptop computer.
We have 49 dive sites and some fantastic reefs surrounding our PADI 5 Star IDC dive centre within Tunku Abdul Rahman Park where our centre is based, all of them are just a few minutes speedboat ride from where you will be based every day.
Advanced Open Water Diver Manual, Rescue Diver Manual, Divemaster Manual, Divemaster Slates, PADI Instructor Manual, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, ERDP ML, Log Book, Scuba Tune-Up Workbook, Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue Cards, Decal, brochures and other course documentation.
All this comes in your own PADI Pros bag.
Prerequisites of the PADI Divemaster:
• 18 years old.
• PADI Open Water Diver (or certified by other diver training organisation)
• Submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a diving physician (12 months prior).
Three month PADI Divemaster Internship Course with UNLIMITED scuba diving in Tunku Abdul Rahman Park with Downbelow’s premium PADI 5 Star IDC dive centre includes:
• Airport Pick Up & Drop Off
• 3 Months Dormitory Accommodation (Gender Separated)
• Lunch on Dive Days
• PADI Advanced Open Water Course
• PADI Rescue Diver Course
• Emergency First Response Course
• PADI Divemaster Course
• Coral Reef Conservation Program
• Learn How to Safely Remove Underwater Nets
• Project AWARE Beach & Underwater Clean Up
• All Required Materials and PADI fees
• Equipment Rental Except Dive Computer
• Surface Marker Buoy, Compass, Pocket Mask (yours to keep)
What is not included:
• International Flights
• Personal Travel Insurance
• Breakfast & Dinner
• Lunch on Non Dive Days
A PADI Divemaster candidate must own a pocket mask, underwater compass, a surface marker buoy (SMB) and a timing device (watch or dive computer).
At our KK Times Square Downbelow Dive Shop
you will find everything you need and we sell the items mentioned above at a reduced rate for our internship candidates.