PADI Divemaster Course
You can enroll in our PADI Divemaster course any time of the year, each course start date is tailored to the individual candidate.
This PADI Divemaster course will be completed in 10 days. However, we encourage candidates to join us for a PADI Divemaster 1 Month Internship program if you have the time. This way you will not only benefit from the course training you will also gain valuable hands on experience and enjoy unlimited scuba diving at our busy dive centre.
The purpose of the PADI Divemaster Course is to increase your scuba diving knowledge and develop your skills to a professional level whilst providing you with an insight into the business of diving.
PADI Instructors require a certified assistant, which as a certified PADI Divemaster will be one of your roles and duties.
The other duties of a PADI Divemaster are to plan, organize and lead dives; supervise participants during dive activities, teach and certify students in the PADI Skin Diver course, refresh a certified diver on their skills in the PADI Scuba Review program and enroll in PADI Instructor level training for further professional development.
Every day, your training is conducted at our PADI 5 Star Career Development Centres not in a classroom.
The PADI Divemaster program is made up of 3 components:
Watermanship & Skills
• Stamina Exercises (points are accrued for a passing overall score)
• Skills Circuit – demonstrate teaching the 24 skills of the Open Water Course.
• Dive Theory: physics, physiology, equipment, dive planning, skills and environment.
• Supervision of dive activities; planning, management and control of dives; diving emergency assistance plan for the local area; survey and map an open water dive site.
You will be acting as a certified assistant by supervising a PADI Instructor on structured training sessions. Scenarios to experience leadership abilities will be conducted under instructor supervision. Through practical assessments you are evaluated on your role as an instructional assistant: your level of supervision, control and underwater guiding.
Upon successful completion of your PADI Divemaster Course, you receive a certification card and a wall certificate and as a PADI member you will receive all PADI member benefits.
In addition to the structured course training, candidates will participate in practical training in non-simulated scenarios. You will be dealing with real situations and real people, all under the direct supervision of one of our fully qualified PADI Staff Instructors. Interns not only benefit from this practical experience, but they also learn the daily operation of a real PADI 5 Star CDC Centre.
We have 49 dive sites and some fantastic reefs surrounding our PADI 5 Star CDC dive centre within Tunku Abdul Rahman Park where our centre is based, all of them are just a few minutes speedboat ride from where you will be based every day.
Divemaster Manual, Divemaster Slates, PADI Instructor Manual, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, ERDP ML, Log Book, Scuba Tune-Up Workbook, Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue Cards, Decal, brochures and other course documentation.
All this comes in your own PADI Pros bag.
Prerequisites of the PADI Divemaster:
• 18 years old.
• PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or certified by another diver training organisation).
• PADI Rescue Diver (or certified by another diver training organisation).
• Experience of Night Diving (can be added during the course if required at reduced cost).
• Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course (or certified by another first aid and CPR training organisation) completed 24 months prior.
• Logged 40 dives (60 upon certification).
• Submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a diving physician (12 months prior).
If you haven’t yet met any of these pre-requisite requirements for the PADI Divemaster Course please let us know and we will suggest a tailored program for you.
Our PADI Divemaster Course Includes:
• 10 Day Training Program
• PADI Divemaster Course (with 1 year membership).
• Real life training – provides a valuable insight into the diving industry by working within our premier PADI 5 Star Career Development Centre.
• All Divemaster materials (yours to keep): Divemaster manual, slates, PADI instructor manual, the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, ERDP ML, a log book, Scuba Tune-Up Workbook, Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue Cards, Decal, brochures and other course documentation. All this comes in your own PADI Pros bag.
• Daily lunch and refreshments while you are at the island (only for dive days based on Gaya Island)
• All jetty fees, conservation and diving permit fees
• Diving equipment rental for 10 days
• Company rate on any travel packages we offer at Downbelow (including the world class diving destinations Sipadan & Kapalai, Lankayan, Layang Layang and our Wildlife Adventure Safaris).
What is not included:
• Flights to Kota Kinabalu.
• Travel Insurance.
• Evening meals.
• Accommodation is available at reduced rates.
A PADI Divemaster candidate must own a pocket mask, underwater compass, a surface marker buoy (SMB) and a timing device (watch or dive computer).
At our KK Times Square Downbelow Dive Shop
you will find everything you need and we sell the items mentioned above at a reduced rate for our internship candidates.