Becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor is one of the most rewarding PADI professional ratings you will attain and the gateway to an incredibly exciting career!
Our PADI OWSI Course will be taught by our highly experienced Go PRO team of Instructor Trainers, and they will prepare you for your 2-day PADI Instructor Examination (IE) conducted by PADI at the end of the PADI OWSI Course.
The PADI OWSI Course is designed for the already qualified PADI Assistant Instructor and the course duration is only 6 days making it a great option for seasoned PADI Pros short on time.
Almost all of our candidates join us holding the PADI Divemaster or non professional level diver qualifications so the PADI OWSI is not for them. If you are not yet a PADI Divemaster please refer to our PADI Divemaster information. If you are a PADI Divemaster please refer to our PADI Instructor Development Course information. Read on if you are a qualified PADI Assistant Instructor or an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months.
About the Course
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) is a professional teaching level in the PADI system of diver education and qualifies you to teach courses or programs within the PADI system of education from PADI Open Water to PADI Divemaster plus some PADI Speciality Courses. You will be qualified to teach people in confined water, open water and in the classroom.
During the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course you will learn how to apply the PADI system of education by presenting at least:
• Two confined water teaching presentations
• Two knowledge development presentations
• One open water teaching presentation integrating two skills
You will also attend and participate in the following 14 curriculum presentations:
• Course Orientation
• Dive Industry Overview
• General Standards and Procedures
• The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
• Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
• PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
• Adaptive Teaching
• The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
• Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
• Adventures in Diving Program
• Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
• Rescue Diver Course
• Divemaster Course
• Diver Retention Programs
• How to Teach the RDP (Instructors from recreational diver training organizations other than PADI must complete.)
You will demonstrate competence in:
• Performing all 24 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
• Performing a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
During the course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part.
We offer a very attractive PADI Instructor internship program with amazing value for money!
Do contact one of our friendly and highly experienced Head Office staff to design an internship program to suit your needs! Please provide us with details of your current qualification level, your available time and your professional career goals.
The education of your Go PRO career doesn’t stop at PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, no doubt you will want to continue your education to develop your own interests and your scuba diving knowledge. Your next level will be the PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.